Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Slow Start blogging again 2023- Studio

 The Studio life is the reality I find between the realizations between my drawing and painting.


I'm asked a lot where I paint. 


I've been painting upstate since the pandemic. Before that I drew in Brooklyn studio then worked from those ideas upstate. Now NM studio is main painting studio and I draw most of the winter in a studio in the house. Upstate. I enjoy the interactions between these different places. I also paint in seasonal weather in the large barn we have. I enjoy the changes.


I started again my plain air painting upstate. The seasonal change has always attracted me. I keep a set of painting gear, and I just rush out when amazed by the change--again! I was going to miss the Day Lilies as I was out west but arrived just in time for the last of them--so amazed by the difference from the dry hot west--I launched into a new bunch of plain air. Been wanting to add another level to the things I've done with them thus far. The Forsythia from the spring crept into NM paintings as a different space or flavor to the figure. The Day Lilies could appear in a similar way--?





















So arbitrarily I will add photos til I get a rhythm of ideas for this Blog.



So as I was painting back in NM I was called back to NY in June, so I took opportunity to solidify further ideas I was working on out west.



















I have a group of new figure paintings. They are very different but then not so different. I like literally drawing them together-- getting the brush strokes to relate abstractly. I has helped me draw figuratively and also to see the abstract possibility.


So then in July, NM.


































These paintings are all Untitled #1-6, oil on canvas, 2023



This all June and July 2023.




No comments: